I have been thinking about discussing a topic related to the theoretical unit of this module but I thought it would be more useful to cover another topic, something different, that can contribute to your personal development and serve as an inspiration to see the day as an opportunity, to brighten the workplace and for you to be different from the others.
I was deliberating… and finally I have decided to talk about the importance to believe in yourself so you can start the week with another attitude and feel more confident every day. You are young and you have the whole road ahead of you to do any thing that you propose.
If you’re having trouble seeing all the amazing things about yourself, then below I have given you some tips to start building your confidence, so you are ready to show the world all of the things that you can achieve…
I have practiced some of them and they really work. All of these tips are focused on having positive effects, adopting good habits and improving your self- confidence.
- Recognize your skills. Be aware of your skills and the good things about yourself. You may not always recognize them but they are there. One way is to look for the things that you consider easy to do or to look for the things that people compliment you on.
- Create a more relaxing environment. A large stack of little tasks can feel overwhelming and troublesome, take a few minutes to put anything into prespective. Priortize and make a list of tasks based on the importance that they have…
- Meet goals and learn from failure. Set reasonable goals for yourself andinstead of viewing your failures as failures, view them as learning opportunities. This allows you to be aware of your achievements and to view these mistakes as positive part of your learning process.
- Act happy. Research shows that even an artificially induced smile boosts your mood. And if you’re smiling, other people will perceive you as being more friendly and approachable.
- Love yourself for who you are. Try to love yourself for what you ARE and you’ll find yourself living a much happier life. Don’t try to be someone you’re not or to be upset with yourself about the things that you think are wrong with yourself.
Try to practice these tips so you can face the world with a happier approach. If you have any other tips that you think we should consider, please don’t hesite to share them with us….I hope you like this article which I have written with you in mind.
If you want more tips, click on the following articles on which I have based my blog:
Johanna Arias - Academic Tutor